Thursday, January 7, 2010

Crazy days...

In the midst of the craziness of yesterday (see post below) I was able to step away from the stress and have my mom make a dress form for me (and around me!). You can probably tell that I wasn't thrilled to have the picture above taken, but it is pretty funny and now I'm glad mom took it. I felt for a couple of hours like Frida Kahlo and I can't imagine being stuck in something like that for very long. It was quite uncomfortable, but in the end will be very helpful in sewing for myself. My vanity forces me to mention that I am actually not (quite) that lumpy. There was a tshirt under there causing some funny bumpy areas, I swear.

Do freezing temps make for more beautiful sunsets?

Today was no less crazy, although no stress was involved. We got to hang out with one of my best friends and her family. We only see each other about 2 or 3 times a year, and I was so glad that today was the day. Christi is a friend from college who I have kept in close contact with throughout the years. She and her husband live in Colorado and have three beautiful kiddos.

It is so cold here! Christi even said this would be cold for Colorado, so take that all you non Texans making fun of me right now. Here Frank and I are sipping lattes by the heater. I realized recently that there really aren't that many pictures of me, and even fewer of us together. Frank got me a flexible tripod for Christmas, so now I can take more pictures of both of us! I love it, and think it will be great for hiking, camping and travel too, plus I can take better low light pictures without my flash.

The point of showing how busy I am is to say that I have gotten sidetracked from the Ring a Day project. I have lots of ideas to fufill and am no less motivated. I will be catching up tomorrow.

1 comment:

andrea said...

wow, I never thought about making a dress form,that's cool!