Thursday, December 31, 2009

Holiday Highlights

A white Christmas in Texas!
After a rowdy Christmas Eve celebration at Frank's mom's house (here we are with six of the seven kids that were there) we got iced in and couldn't make it to my parent's house.

Frank and I spent the evening at home, alone. We were just glad that we weren't stuck on a highway, or in a ditch somewhere, and that we were able to pick up a pizza on the way home!

We made it to my parent's house on Christmas day and had a wonderful time with my family and great family friends.
We got my dad this Captains' hat for his RV driving duties. Everyone got a kick out of that!

Kathy got Crackers for us and they all come with Paper hats. Frank was a good sport and said I could put this picture of him up to show you. He is so sweet.
My Mexican Chocolate Tart turned out ridiculously rich and delicious. I used ginger snaps in the crust, YUM!
Lucy is always ready to cuddle in the winter time, and ends up in tons of Christmas pictures.
I squealed with delight when I opened this gift from my parents! An enameled cast iron dutch oven in my favorite color. I am envisioning lots of soups, stews and maybe a few stoups this winter.

I'm really excited to make my own patterns with the help of this awesome book. I'll let you know how it goes.

Kathy, who taught me the basics of knitting at Thanksgiving, gave me this knitting calendar.

Mom gifted me my Amma's rose shears and gave me an assignment to go with them.

I gave mom a pair of fiber earrings and this crocheted shawl that I made. I couldn't post progress pictures of this because she would have known it was for her, those are her favorite colors.

Mom gave me one of her beautiful pouches made with needle felted fabrics.
One of my favorite gifts. I gave Frank these portraits that I took of the dogs last year.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Glad to see you got the pot in the right color.