Thursday, November 12, 2009

Birthday Celebration


I spent Monday night and Tuesday at my parents house. Mom and I sewed most of the day Tuesday. I was working on this dress in blue linen with contrasting teal piping. I'm not quite done, but I do have the yoke all put on. I hope to go finish it soon.


I requested fajitas for dinner and it was a feast. We should have thought to invite more people! I made salsa, guacamole, spanish rice and we had all the fixins. Yum!



Me talking smack to Frank about my present. He and my parents got me a Wii and Wii fit. I suspected that is what he got, but he threw me off. We hooked it up when we got home and stayed up way too late playing. We also played with a friend over last night and it is so entertaining! I am amazed that I feel a bit sore from just doing the games. I haven't even tried the yoga, weights and aerobics yet. I am hoping this will keep me active all winter when I can't get out for walks as much.


When I was young my favorite birthday cake that my mom would make was a layer of brownies and a layer of peppermint ice cream. It is great for a party, but for the four of us I requested mint chocolate chip ice cream and these yummy chewy chocolate cookies. It was delicious!



Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

liz r. said...

Happy birthday! The cookies and ice cream look completely yummy.

Amy Nicole/RubyMtnBeads said...

Looks like you had a great birthday!