Monday, August 17, 2009

More Fort Collins: Swetsville Zoo









Christi and the kids took me to the Swetsville Zoo last weekend. It is a folk art museum of sorts with creatures great and small created out of scrap metal. With lots of dragons, dinosaurs and car parts it definitely appeals to little boys, but all of us girls enjoyed the visit too. The sculptures are spread around a property on the Poudre river in the east side of I-25 with lots of shade trees to keep you cool. I especially liked the rocket ship above made out of all sorts of junk, and the huge wind chimes and other interactive instruments.
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I would have had to pick up the speed walking by the scorpion. Why anyone would want to make ANYTHING scorpion-ish is beyond me. Cool place otherwise.

Ashley said...

Aw, I love Scorpions, well not real ones, but imagery of them. I am a scorpio after all!