Thursday, August 20, 2009

Let the countdown begin....

I just got a big order of silver in today. That is always fun. That sheet of silver is the largest that I have ever had, it is 12" x 6". All I have to say is, I better get to work! I have less than a month now until Texas Metal Arts, and lots on my to do list. Plus, my sister in law's due date is next week, and I will be heading down to Austin with my parents when the baby comes. I will only stay for a day or two, and then back to work.

Check out the beautiful cradle that my dad made for the baby. According to my parents this will be a family heirloom and passed between each grandchild. It is made from locally cut and cured Mesquite and Pecan with some Spalted Pecan. The second picture with the black lines is the Spalted Pecan, which I think is gorgeous. Still more evidence that my dad is the best!




Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

genie marie said...

That cradle is beautiful!