Monday, March 16, 2009

A Lovely Day!

I spent a lovely day at my parents' house yesterday. The sun came out, warming us a bit but still with a cool breeze. The birds were busy, I saw and heard woodpecker, cardinals and many more. Cousins visited and we had a good time all around. Mom was burning some brush on Saturday and it reminded us of PawPaw who was so happy around a fire. He would have been 94 a week ago yesterday and Granny would have been 84 last week. We probably would have been celebrating with family and friends yesterday, so the day felt appropriate. The image above is of a quilt that mom is working on. It is about her and her father (PawPaw) and inspired by a poem about Galveston bay. I really like the imagery that she chose and can't wait to see the final result.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Connie said...

I really enjoyed the day too. I'm glad spring is coming. Love, Mom