Friday, July 25, 2008

Attention Readers


I'm having a contest. I've been wanting to try this for a while now, and just came up with a plan. I came home to a wonderful shipment of gemstones, pictured here. It was like Christmas morning unwrapping and sorting everything. Some of the stones will be listed in my supply shop, and many will appear in my designs. So here is the contest, the reader who comes closest to guessing the total weight of my stones in carats will win a piece of my jewelry. Please post your guesses as comments. You have one week to guess, and I will announce a winner next Friday. If you don't have no idea just take a wild guess!

Good luck everyone.

Detail images:



18 comments:

Ian said...

looks like about 555 carats to me.
-Ian

Morag said...

Not the tiniest clue - 200? :)

KeelyB said...

Wow...gorgeous stones! I came across your blog through the Etsymetal blog (you and your team do such beautiful work!)

I really have no idea what to guess, but Im going to go with 600 carats. Total shot in the dark!

Lily said...

735, completely guessing.

Ashley said...

I read the EtsyMetal blog regularly even though I'm not a member. You are a very talented bunch of artists!

Let's see, if I had to guess I think it would be about 575 carats..

Just a guess though.

Ashley said...

Thanks for your guesses everyone. Please keep em coming. I'll post the prize next week, and the results next Saturday.

R. said...

lovely stuff, looks like about 440 carats, at a guess.

delimared said...

Probably 1500 carats.

delimared@gmail.com

Jennifer said...

456.7 carats

Lynette said...

2735 carats. I have no clue, I never use stones. Just a crazy wild guess:)

stacey said...

i don't use carats, but i suppose i will guess 780

summer said...

Hmm. Lets see if metal is on my side, 666?

Lisa said...

I'll say...how about...523?

Bunny B said...

My guess is 822 carats!
Thanks!

bunnybx at gmail . com

Chris said...

382 carats?

Marie-Michèle Lanthier said...

582?

Emily said...

With virtually no point of reference: 378? Looking forward to hearing the actual answer!

Gretchen said...

I'm guessing 425 carats