Friday, May 9, 2008

Bumpy Saucer Pendant


Bumpy Saucer Pendant
Originally uploaded by ashleyjewelry
I just finished this pendant yesterday. It is larger scale than I usually work, and I really enjoyed that. The circle is 2" diameter and hangs down 3.25" from the chain. I love all the little details. For example, you can't tell from the photo, but the circle spins around. Also, I used square tubing and a square snake chain for the first time. I was happy with that choice and will be using that element in future designs.

The circular portion is oxidized copper and the red is polymer clay that has been pushed through holes and baked in place. The stone in the center is a gray moonstone cabochon. I'm really happy with the result and plan to make some more pendants based on this design.

2 comments:

mettle design studio said...

ash,this is gorgeous!! i love it!

Ashley said...

Thanks! I want to make some more now.