Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Moira K Lime


3/365
Originally uploaded by ashleyjewelry
So, I'm jumping for joy here. I just received earrings from the amazingly talented Moira K Lime. They are from her Barnacle collection and have red and pink coral as well as pearl beads. I have admired Moira's work since I discovered her on Etsy. I have to say it is even better in person. These earrings are made of little cups of sterling silver, oxidized on the inside with a bright shiny edge for contrast. They are simply gorgeous and I just feel like the luckiest girl in the world right now. I will treasure these earrings forever.
Moira is also a member of Etsy Metal. She does some amazing work with silk fibers. Here are some examples.

3 comments:

knitsteel said...

I love the earrings and they look good on you.

Moira K. Lime said...

Yay! They look great on you! I'm so glad you got them ok and thanks for posting them on your blog. Again sorry for the mess with the post office. No rush on the ring :)

natasha said...

very cool. do you know if the silk one has resin over it? it is so cool. and you look gorgeous. i think you and i couldn't physically look more different. other than us both catching on fire in the sun!

we need to do something collaborative, wouldn't that be fun?

i have a good amount of crocheted wire jewelry and also crocheted fiber jewelry. fun!