Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm Back!

I just got home from a long weekend camping trip at McKinney Falls in Austin.

Home away from home

It was a nice break, but I have a lot to catch up on. Spring time in Texas is gorgeous, especially in the hill country and Austin is always inspirational. Every time I am there I wonder why we don't live there. There is so much support for the arts and always something to do. Too bad I can't snap my fingers and have my awesome little house transported to Austin.

Front Garden Left Side


Check out this cute airstream/Cupcake vendor on South Congress.

Hey Cupcake

I did get to go down to San Antonio on Sunday with my mom. It was really cool to see my jewelry on display at the Southwest School for Art and Craft gift shop.

The Fiesta Arts Fair was going on. I wanted to check it out because I had heard great things about it. It is definitely a fair that I aspire to be accepted to. There was some wonderful work on display. Here are a few of my favorites.

Eric Silva with his wonderful, sculptural and inventive jewelry.

Fat Cat Jewelry Studio Clever jewelry made from vintage tin cans. I loved the range of colors in these pieces.

Interesting purses by Pistol Stitched with vintage fabric and buttons, and handmade handles.

Lovely organic jewelry in silver and gold by Patricia Guerrero of San Antonio.







Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

natasha said...

dude! is that an airstream? swooooon! i lub them. so cool.

thanks for thinking of me! i had no clue you even had a blog. i am subscribing. right now.
xo

Ashley said...

Yeah, my parents have a '73 Airstream Sovereign. The cupcake place is an Airstream too. They are so fun.